Thai Curry Scallops are amazing! The recipe is from Josef’s mom, Gail, who many of you may have met. She is a terrific cook and her house is one of our favorite places to eat dinner (or any other meal!). Can’t wait to visit!
• 1 small onion
• 1 clove garlic
• coconut oil
• 2 Tablespoons Thai curry paste (red or green)
• 2 Tablespoons unsweetened rice vinegar
• 1 package (12-16 oz) frozen scallops (thawed)
• 1 can coconut milk (not box – you want the can with the fat)
• Thai fish sauce
• Thai basil or cilantro leaves to garnish
• green beans, tomatoes, or other non-starchy vegetable
1. Sauté 1 small onion and 1 clove garlic in coconut oil till soft.
2. Add 2 T Thai curry paste (red or green) sauté 1 minute at lower heat.
3. Scrape into a bowl and deglaze pan with 2 T unsweetened rice vinegar.
4. Add more oil and quickly sauté 1 package (12-16 oz) frozen scallops (thawed).
5. Return onion curry mixture to pan, add one can coconut milk, a couple shakes of Thai fish sauce and simmer about 1-2 minutes.
6. Garnish with Thai basil or cilantro leaves.
7. Add vegetables (pre-cook/steam if needed).