We hope this chili recipe will soon be a staple in your home. You can switch up regular beans (beans, beans at every meal, the more you eat the more you fart!) for French cut green beans. The green beans add beautiful color and nutrients that won’t affect you if you are sensitive to starches.
Any chili spice kit will work. If you are looking for a recommendation, we like the 2 Alarm Chili Kit by Wick Fowlers. You can get this at Whole Foods and Harris Teeter easily. It says it’s for 2lbs of ground beef though 3 lbs is just fine and makes for a milder dish.
- 2-3 lbs ground beef
- 1 pack of chili spices
- 1 (16oz) can of organic peeled whole tomatoes, fire roasted adds great flavor
- 1 (8oz) can of organic diced tomatoes with chilies (make sure it is not an Italian flavor!)
- 1 to 3 cans of French cut green beans
- Cook the ground beef on the stove top until done.
- Add spice pack and stir.
- Add green beans as desired – we recommend 2 or 3 cans.
- Add tomatoes. Stir until well mixed and let simmer about 20 minutes.
To top it off add your favorite cheddar cheese and a bit of sour cream!