This recipe is from Josef’s mom, 👪 Gail. She is a terrific cook and her house is one of our favorite places to eat dinner (or any other meal!).
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened rice vinegar
- 1 package (12-16 oz) frozen scallops (thawed)
- 1 can coconut milk (not box – you want the can with the fat)
- Thai fish sauce
- Thai basil or cilantro leaves to garnish
- green beans, tomatoes, or other non-starchy vegetable
- Sauté 1 small onion and 1 clove garlic in coconut oil till soft.
- Add 2 T Thai curry paste (red or green) sauté 1 minute at lower heat.
- Scrape into a bowl and deglaze pan with 2 T unsweetened rice vinegar.
- Add more oil and quickly sauté 1 package (12-16 oz) frozen scallops (thawed).
- Return onion curry mixture to pan, add one can coconut milk, a couple shakes of Thai fish sauce and simmer about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with Thai basil or cilantro leaves.
- Add vegetables (pre-cook/steam if needed).
And if you like this recipe by Gail you might also enjoy “Creamy” Cauliflower Soup too!
|Nutrition Facts from My Fitness Pal|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 16 g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 13 g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5 %|
|Sodium 132 mg||6 %|
|Potassium 329 mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||15 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 23 g||47 %|
|Vitamin A||13 %|
|Vitamin C||8 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|