Nothing says spring like amazing vegetables. While carrots are considered in season year round, they actually have 2 seasons – late spring and fall. Here is a great recipe that’s a crowd pleaser – it’s simple, minimal effort, and scrumptious served hot or cold for any picnics you may be planning. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoons Salt or to taste
- 1 teaspoon Pepper or to taste
- 8 medium, Carrots, raw
- 2 tablespoon, Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp(s), Thyme
1. Wash, peel and cut carrots. Pat dry if needed.
2. Lay on a non-stick baking sheet.
3. Drizzle olive oil over carrots and mix with hands making sure the oil is spread even
ly coating carrots.
4. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Thyme flakes.
5. Roast at 400 degrees till slightly browned – about 30minutes.
This is an excellent main dish to go with the carrots: Mustard
|Nutrition Facts from MyFitness Pal|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7 g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 0 mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1829 mg||76 %|
|Potassium 394 mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12 g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4 g||14 %|
|Sugars 6 g|
|Protein 1 g||2 %|
|Vitamin A||408 %|
|Vitamin C||14 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|