This week we are still sticking with IN SEASON veggies (because that really is the time they are most delicious). Below, Salmon and Asparagus on the Grill. Some people can be a bit intimidated by grilling, but realize you can do this on your stove top in a grilling pan just as easily as heading outside.
Buying Tip: You want to buy asparagus as soon as possible after its picked, so look for locally grown, as green as possible, asparagus to have the best chance for a tender stalk.
- Filet of Salmon
- 1-2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or butter – just enough to drizzle
- Seasoning of your choice – garlic, lemon, salt, pepper
- Bunch of Asparagus
- Balsamic vinaigrette or lemon zest – optional
Directions for Salmon:
- Heat grill or grill pan.
- Season fish with spices and drizzle with olive oil or butter.
- Place fish on a hot grill pan.
- Cook 2-4 minutes per side or until done!
Directions for Grilled Asparagus:
- Take your cleaned asparagus, bitter ends snapped off, lightly drizzle olive oil over them in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay these on the grill against the grate so they don’t fall through. They only need to be on the heat a minute or two depending on how hot your grill is. They should just start to wilt when you take them off.
- You can change this up by adding lemon zest before grilling or even drizzle with balsamic vinaigrette.
Carrots are also in season now! Easy, fast and full of flavor recipe HERE.
At True 180 Personal Training for Women, we offer targeted exercises, habit-based nutrition coaching and the accountability to keep you healthy and fit for years, not just weeks. Find out more and click here.