In honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday on March 2, here is Green Eggs and Ham (Frittata)!
You will like these green eggs and ham!
You will like them. In a house. You will like them with a mouse.
You will like them here or there. You will like them Anywhere!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 5-ounce bag baby spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 1/2 cup shredded havarti or Muenster cheese
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs, dill, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add leeks; cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add spinach and ham; cook, stirring, until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata so uncooked egg can flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are set, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Let rest for about 3 minutes before serving. Serve hot or cold.
Per serving: 217 Calories; 15 g Fat; 5 g Sat; 6 g Mono; 296 mg Cholesterol; 6 g Carbohydrates; 14 g Protein; 1 g Fiber; 418 mg Sodium; 320 mg Potassium