Everyone gets tired of salads or a side of broccoli. Here is a wonderful and tasty side dish that works great with chicken, steak, or fish any day of the week. It’s easy to eat well when you have delicious and easy food to make.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- roasted pine nuts (optional)
- Take 1 large eggplant, slice into slabs about 1 cm thick.
- Preheat oven to about 350-375 degrees F.
- Get out 1 or 2 baking sheets that won’t leak. Pour olive oil generously on each baking sheet and spread the oil out. Lay eggplant slabs on the baking sheets, not touching. Sprinkle with salt and add pepper if desired. Slide them around a little bit, then turn them over so that both sides are coated with oil.
- Put the baking sheets into the oven, set timer for about 10 minutes.
- At that time, remove sheets and use a spatula to turn the eggplant slabs over, return to oven.
- The eggplants are done when you like the way they look and taste.
To add some flavor and crunch top with roasted pine nuts.