This is a wonderful, comforting dish. Good with a salad. Good by it’s self. Good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 medium onion
- 2.5 cups of egg whits
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 5 servings of shredded hash-browns (check your packaging for nutrition stats)
- Trader Joe’s Seasoning salt (optional but a great mix of spices)
- Salt and Pepper
- Thyme (optional)
- Red wine of your choice to deglaze pan
1. Chop up bacon and cook on medium-high until 80-90% done
2. Add diced sweet onion and all slices (tablespoon of everything seasoning, 1-2 teaspoon of thyme, black pepper)
3. While onions cook take 5 servings of hash-browns and add salt and pepper and microwave for 5 min
4. Add red wine to onion and bacon mix as needed to keep it from drying out and sticking/burning
5. When onions are super soft add hash browns. Turn heat down to a low level.
6. With heat at a low level add 2.5 cups egg whites.
7. Place top on pan and let it cook for 5-8 min (want the bottom to begin to set)
8. Preheat the broiler to high
9. After stove top cooking add 1 cup of shredded cheese to the top.
10. Place under broiler for 7 min
11. Use a knife to check the center for done-ness
12. Let rest for 5 min and enjoy
“Egg white casserole – 1/4 of the dish”
|Freshire Farms (Aldi) – Sweet Onion, 74 g (1 medium)||30||8||0||0||3||0|
|Trader Joe’s – Shredded Hash Browns, 0.3 container (595 gs ea.)||105||25||0||2||44||0|
|Heinz – Ketchup Reduced Sugar, 1 tbsp (16ml)||5||1||0||0||190||1|
|Harris Teeter – Liquid Egg Product, 0.5 cup||60||2||0||12||230||0|
|Trader Joe’s – Shredded 3 Cheese Blend, 0.3 cup (28g/1 oz)||100||0||8||7||170||0|
|Trader Joe’s – Classic Sliced Dry Rubbed All Natural Uncured Bacon, 1.5 slices (12g)||45||0||2||3||165||0|
Join the discussion One Comment