You’ve worked so hard these past few weeks and months–don’t let the holidays get the better of you!
Here are some tips on how to enjoy the season AND not derail your success.
1. Keep your home as a safe zone: Everywhere you go – parties, work, etc. – will be crawling with temptations; don’t rely on your willpower at home.
2. Get out the calendar: Get out your calendar and take a look at when the feasts and parties are that you want to indulge at. Save your treats for those occasions, and eat right the rest of the time. If you have a plan for indulgence, it’s so much easier to keep everything straight and resist everything else.
3. Stay healthy: Getting sick sucks and it derails people from their good habits. I wrote an article on surviving flu season with more detail, but here are the most important points – take vitamin-D every day, get at least 6 hours of sleep per night, eat less sugar and other refined carbs because they suppress your immune system, and try to smile and laugh a few times a day. Stress isn’t great for your immune system and laughter releases it.
4. Keep track: We all have a pair of pants (or other item of clothing) that lets us know if we are packing on the pounds of fat or not. Many people like to hide the truth-telling jeans in the closet come holiday season. Do the opposite. If you can, wear them once a week. It’s great feedback. These jeans represent the bottom line; you want them to fit the same on New Year’s Day as they did pre-Thanksgiving (hint, hint how’s your Project Zero going?!).
5. Pregame for parties: No, I’m not talking about getting tipsy before a party, especially if you’re driving. I’m talking about having a protein based snack – turkey, hard boiled eggs, etc. – before a feast or a party so your appetite isn’t ridiculous.
🎄❄🕎🎄❄🕎 Happy Holidays 🎄❄🕎 🎄❄🕎