This is an awesome recipe for any busy person. Dust off your crock-pot and plug it in for a one pot wonder! Protein and a green vegetable, deliciously seasoned.
- 1 and ½ pounds chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- Whisk together chicken broth, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, sesame seed oil, and garlic cloves.
- Place chicken breasts in the crock-pot and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, covered.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and stir it into the crock-pot.
- Stir in broccoli florets.
- Cook on high for 1 hour, covered.
- Remove the chicken, cut into large chunks, and place back in the crock-pot.
- Ready to serve!
Here is a quick dessert to add to the table
|Nutrition Facts from MyFitnessPal|
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 7 g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 1 g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 89 mg||30 %|
|Sodium 1861 mg||78 %|
|Potassium 71 mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6 g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1 g||3 %|
|Sugars 1 g|
|Protein 30 g||61 %|
|Vitamin A||3 %|
|Vitamin C||31 %|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|