For many women, the end of August/the beginning of September means one thing….school is back in session – finally 😁 so having quick and healthy lunch ideas is a must. This also means lunch boxes need to be filled and a quick lunch on the go might be a necessity for you with pick-up schedules or your work schedule. One of the easiest to make and easily our favorite to eat “on the go healthy lunch” idea is the Wrap – think lettuce, low carb tortilla, or just meat and cheese! In addition to a wrap, low calorie bread (about 45 calories a slice) is also a great option. Below are some of our favorite combinations. Enjoy!
The On the Go Healthy Lunch Wrap —> the options here are endless!!
- Mixed spread of 1 tablespoon of whipped cream cheese, chopped spinach, chopped green onion & paprika, spread onto oven-roasted turkey and chill
- Thin-sliced roast beef, 1 slice horseradish cheese, with sliced cucumber
- Tuna salad wrapped with lettuce
- Turkey and Swiss with mustard and pickles
- Turkey wrapped around 1 asparagus stalk, with cheese and mustard
- Raw or cooked veggies, cream cheese, and favorite spices wrapped in lettuce
- Sliced/chopped chicken, turkey or ham with feta cheese, olives, tomato and balsamic vinegar inside romaine lettuce leaf
- BLT Romaine lettuce boats – grape tomatoes and bacon nestled on romaine leaf
Check out this free guide for more easy and healthy ideas while you are out and about!