We hope this chili recipe will soon be a staple in your home. You can switch up regular beans (beans, beans at every meal, the more you eat the more you fart!) for French cut green beans. The green beans add beautiful color and nutrients that won’t affect you if you are sensitive to starches.
Any chili spice kit will work. If you are looking for a recommendation, we like the 2 Alarm Chili Kit by Wick Fowlers. You can get this at Whole Foods and Harris Teeter easily. It says it’s for 2lbs of ground beef though 3 lbs is just fine and makes for a milder dish.
- 2 container (2 cups ea.), French Cut Green Beans
- 1 container (18 tbs ea.), 2 Alarm Chili Kit (Correct 2/6/15)
- 32 OZ, 96% Lean ground beef
- 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.), Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Cook the ground beef on the stove top until done.
- Add spice pack and stir.
- Add green beans as desired – we recommend 2 or 3 cans.
- Add tomatoes. Stir until well mixed and let simmer about 20 minutes.
To top it off add your favorite cheddar cheese and a bit of sour cream!
|Nutrition Facts from My Fitness Pal|
|Amount Per 4oz Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 5 g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 2 g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 65 mg||22 %|
|Sodium 1109 mg||46 %|
|Potassium 228 mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14 g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2 g||9 %|
|Sugars 3 g|
|Protein 27 g|