When I’m in need of a recipe, I call my mother in law! I had friends coming to dinner and I didn’t know what I was going to serve. I told her I am REALLY busy (I have 2 kids👧👧, a husband, and work deadlines), but want to make something that will:
- keep my lean and energized (not many carbs)
- taste great – good enough that my non health nut guests won’t be spitting their food into napkins when I’m not looking
- be something I can do in 15-20min prep time⌚ ‘cause I have several deadlines before my guests arrive and I am starting to panic!
Bless her heart, she delivered like always with this awesome recipe:
Ingredients for Adobo Beef:
- 3lbs sirloin cubed 🥩🥩🥩
- 2 cloves minced garlic (yeah, I forgot that in the video my mom told me – it was still good without it)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- ¾ of small can tomato🍅 paste (no sugar added)
- 4-5 chipotle peppers chopped (take out seeds if you are sensitive to 🌶spicy🌶, look for these in the “international” isle at your grocery store)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Splenda
Preheat your oven to 300 and cube your 🥩meat.
Sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until the onions are soft and the garlic starts to brown.
Add in the 🍅tomato paste and the 🌶peppers. Mix around and then add the water.
Add beef and bring to a simmer on the stove top. Place in oven for about 2 hours after it reaches a simmer.
Check once or twice to make sure it doesn’t dry out (more of a problem with a gas stove, it actually stays too wet with an electric one).
Serve and enjoy! 😋
Ingredients for Cilantro and Lime Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- juice of ½ lime
- zest of ½ lime
- handful chopped cilantro
Mix it all up and put it on your food 😋
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Oh and to try us out for your self, risk free —->Click here