Cauliflower is all the craze! What else could you possibly use it for you ask? A new take on eggplant or chicken Parmesan! It’s lower in calorie and won’t leave you disappointed. We promise!
- 1 large head cauliflower, stem trimmed and cut vertically into 1″ planks 3 tbsp.
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper 1 1/2 c.
- marinara sauce 1/4 c.
- freshly grated Parmesan, divided 1
- shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 c.
- basil leaves, torn if large
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°. Arrange cauliflower in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and brush both sides with oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast, flipping once, until cauliflower is tender and golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and top each cauliflower steak with marinara sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and half of Parmesan.
- Switch oven to broil and broil cauliflower until cheese is bubbly and golden in spots, about 3 minutes. Serve with remaining Parmesan, basil leaves, and red pepper flakes.
You might also like: Eat More ? Pancakes!
Recipe from Delish